Thursday, September 20, 2007

MY DAD

When I see a big tall strong tree I think of My Dad and how PS. 1 reminds me of him.
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. . . . He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
My Dad on his 4 wheeler with the farm in the background. My Dad was born on this farm 89 years ago today. He loves the farm and has always done a great job of farming the land. God has blessed my Dad greatly with many years.

This is one of my favorite pictures of my Dad. No one has any idea who took this picture or at least claims taking this picture. It was taken along with my daughter about 12 years ago on the day of her wedding rehearsal. I just love his big smile and also the hat he is wearing has his name on. Today on his 89th birthday, when I look at this picture, I can almost hear him laugh. What a special Dad he is to me, I thank God for

choosing him as my father. This picture is from a few years back when my Dad would faithfully milk cows at both 5 AM and 5 PM. He had always milked cows along with farming and was always able to support us his family.



My Dad has a good friend, Spot, his dog. His dog loves him a lot and looks forward to a ride in my dads pickup everyday as they drive a short distance down the road to get the mail from the mail box. My dad also spoils Spot with special treats and an occasional visit in the house. My dad has always had a dog on the farm. The names I remember are Smoky, Rex, Lucky, another Smoky, Lady, Cindy and now Spot. This is in the 61 years of my parents marriage.




My Dad in the combine. He still helps with the harvest and dose a darn good job of it too!



My Dad on the swather. Notice the big red barn that has always been the landmark for our farm.





My Dad has hunted for many many years and always gets his own deer. You can see his Dog Spot up in the pickup bed taking in the hunt conversation and getting a few free pet's too!



My Dad in the tall sun flower field.


My Dad has always taken us to church, He reads His Bible and prays. These are my Dad's hands. You can tell they have worked hard for many years. He trusts in God and is a great example to all of us. I TRULY LOVE MY DAD!

1 comment:

Melissa Sutton said...

How sweet. We love him too.