Monday, February 9, 2009

A Valentine for all time!

A Valentine for all time, for everyone is the special message of LOVE form our Creator, God our Father, who gives us His precious word through scripture.


For God so loV ed the world,
That He gA ve
his onL y
BegottE n
SoN
T hat whosoever
Believeth I n Him
Should N ot perish
But have E verlasting life.'
John 3:16

Yesterday at our Porcupine Mission Service the message was about Gods Love. As you can tell from the flannel graph, Creation was the start of that love. After the service, he used his puppet Brains, to summarize quite a few Bible stories, Brains got a little confused and had them all intertwined and mixed up.


One of our sweet little girls coloring a heart magnet.
I wish I could show you all of the beautifully decorated hearts but there were about 36 so I only snapped pictures of a few. They were to remind them of Jesus constant love for us even when sometimes we feel like nobody loves us.

We also colored and cut heart pop-up valentines with the John 3:16 verse on it.

Even the adults got excited about this craft.

They had special friends in mind to receive these valentines with Gods message of love.

Since Valentines Day is just around the corner, I will share a few special Vintage Valentines. I was so excited last week when I found and purchased a book of vintage punch-out flocked Valentines. These certainly brought back memories of when I was in Grade school. We always decorated a box to hold all our Valentines. I remember the excitement and then carefully examining each Valentine several times over the next week or so.



I thought these Deer were really cute. You can see the flocking is on the heart to the right. For those youngsters out there who don't remember flocking, it is almost a velvet , plush feeling texture.




I noticed a lot of the Vintage Valentines showed a mail man. I would guess that was due to most Valentines being mailed rather then emailed or sent over the phone as our new generation would do.


I hope you enjoyed looking at these interesting Valentines, I certainly enjoyed punching them out, putting them together, folding them and making the envelopes too.
I normally use previous Valentines to decorate the house at this time of year. Below you will see some very special Valentines made by my Grandchildren.

These are some I have received from very special people who know me well and know I love the old fashioned Vintage looking Valentines. Below is a close up of two of my favorites. The first one came from My oldest Daughter and family several years ago. It folds open to hold the card. Isn't it adorable?
Now this unique Valentine came from my youngest daughter. It has many folds and if you look closely you can see the little girl on the swing with real string holding it. It is so fragile and beautiful. It even has the old fashioned/vintage look, red folded tissue paper decoration.
I have many, many, more Valentines I could and would love to share with you but I know neither of us has the time for such reminiscing.
I hope your Valentines Day is filled to the brim with LOVE. I know mine will be, as scripture says, God is Love! If God be for me, who can be against me!

No comments: