Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Retired as of today!

For the last several years my husband and I have been employed with the City School Busing.
My husband has driven a big 70 passenger school bus for over 12 years and I have been a bus aid on a smaller Special Education bus for 4 years. This was our last year, We decided to retire and so some things we love and enjoy! Like spend more time with our family.

The grandchildren are growing up so fast. If we want to celebrate a special birthday , or other occasion with them or even my aging parents, we can.

We can enjoy our old camper!



We can do more fishing!
We can do other things we need to do around the house and yard.
ONLY IF IT DOESN'T COST TOO MUCH MONEY!

No more early 5 AM digging out of the snow to go drive school bus.
YOO HOO!



This is the bus I have been on for a number of years, since I finished my 12 years of work at Spiegel Catalog company.
My husband was in the US Air Force for 22 years before he drove school bus. I am sure all the training to drive the big trucks and equipment helped with this bus driving career.
I don't think I could ever handle anything this big!

We will still be involved with our Porcupine Mission work and other
activities with our church.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


My oldest daughter called tonight and my youngest daughter just updated her blog
with a special Happy Retirement smile box. see the link below.
http://life-with-the-suttons.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Melissa Sutton said...

Did you have your volume up when you looked at your card?

Nana Porcupine said...

Yes I did. Wheels on the bus! How cute!