Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trip continues to Niagara ND Dad's 91st B-day

After we had been at Melissa's in Williston for a few days, we traveled East to my parents home. They still live alone on our farm. My brother and nephew do the farming but my dad still helps out when he can and even helped combine up to 5 hours a day. This is the farm land mark below. The big red barn with a fresh paint job. Jamie worked hard on this and it sure turned out nice. Thanks, we all appreciate the hard work!

This is my mother watering her African Violets that she has had for many years. They always seem to bloom so beautiful for her. This is also the picture window that she spends hours watching the humming birds she feeds and farming from the window!


My dad has a lot of pain in his legs but he sure can get around with a little help from his 4 wheeler. Here he is watching a load of wheat being unloaded into a bin. He also uses the 4 wheeler to get the mail every day and many trips to the garden. My husband and I had my parents to ourselves the first 4 days we were there. Our two daughters and family's came on Thursday. Tim could not be there since he had much work during harvest. He was there for July 4th so it hadn't been so long.

It had been 2 years since my parents had seen my oldest daughter and family. They had never gotten to meat the youngest Great Granddaughter who was about to turn 1 yr old.
Hear is Great Grandma getting acquainted with the 3 youngest. The 3 older Gr Grand Kids are on the couch in background.

This is My parents with our family minus our youngest daughters husband Tim. We will have to cut and paste a picture of him next to Melissa on the back right.



I was a little disappointed with the lighting of these pictures but at least we talked everyone into it! We were not dressed in our Sunday best either but we look natural!





This is my parents with all their grand children and great grand children.





This is Great Grandma and Great Grandpa with their seven Great grandchildren.




Great Grandpa holding 1 yr old Great Granddaughter and Great Grandma holding 5 mo old Great Grandson. He is almost the same size as his 1 yr old cousin.


My Mother with Great Granddaughter.



Great Grandpa having a little discussion with his Great Granddaughter.



They got well acquainted and had a lot of fun together. She was just laughing out loud.
We certainly enjoyed wishing my dad a happy 91st birthday.


Reading his cards!


The middle Granddaughter had the privilege of placing the 91 Birthday crown on him.




You can tell by the smile that My dad enjoyed his 91st Birthday.

We all ask Gods blessings on his new year of life and wish him many more.





The Great Grand kids getting to feed corn husks to the calves.


Watching the calves eat the husks. Most everyone got to pet the calves,

even the baby's of our family.


We made a quick visit to the local grave yard. My fist cousin past away about 13 months ago and her Grave stone is front row toward the left!
This picture is to show how close to the same height we are. Left is my oldest 11 yr old granddaughter, then my youngest daughter, then oldest daughter and me.
Dad on his 4 Wheeler in front of the house.

You can also almost see his faithful dog spot toward front of the 4 wheeler.
This is My mom in Yellow and her sister, my Aunt. It is always a joy to visit with both of them and I certainly can see how much they enjoy one another.
I can't forget the beautiful sun rise. This was about 6:30 AM

There just aren't beautiful sun rise and sun sets quite like those in ND especially around harvest time. Next post will include some of the fun activities we shared with our grandchildren while on the farm.

No comments: