Tuesday, June 1, 2010

WWII DAD'S

Two special people served our country during WWII, My Husbands father in the Navy and past away about 29 years ago, My father in the Army who is almost 92 years of age. I want to thank all our Veterans who so courageously protected our great country. I pray that God would continue to bless my father and grant him many more years.


Jeff's father in his Navy uniform, June 1943. Robert Neal Falin born Aug 3,1923 - died June 30, 1982. The original picture was pretty much damaged with many folds and tears. I spent a few hours yesterday fixing the photo with the computer "paint" tool.
My father in his Army Uniform taken sometime in 1942. He has a lot of memories of those hard days in WWII. He has told me of some of those experiences. One that especially sticks with me is when a Chaplin set up a worship center and Holy Communion on the end gate of a jeep. This was very close to enemy fire but as he tells it, no close fire occurred during this special Communion service.
. My Dad knew his girlfriend (my mom) was home waiting for his return. I know my Dad always had a strong faith in the True Triune God as was taught him by his parents and as he taught me and my brother. Christs love and forgiveness is very important to him as it should be to everyone. He knew then and knows now that God is in control and knows the plans He has for our lives. That God's will is always for our good.
My Dad was in the 90th division, the "TOUGH 'OMBRES"
I found this writing below on the 90th Division web site.
The 90th Division Association "TOUGH 'OMBRES"
Dedicated to the Men & Women of the 90th Infantry Division
I was that which others did not want to be,
I went where others feared to go,
I did what others failed to do.
I asked nothing from those who gave nothing,
And reluctantly accepted the thought
Of eternal loneliness ... should I fail.
I have seen the face of terror,
Felt the stinging cold of fear
And enjoyed the sweetness of a moment's love.
I have cried, pained, and hoped ... but most of all,
I have lived times that others would say
Were best forgotten.
At least some day I will be able to say
That I was proud of what I was ... a SOLDIER.


This is the original photo that has many bends and tears. I spent a few hours on Sunday trying to fig the photo using my Paint tool from the computer. It seemed that I just didn't have the exact colors I needed to fix it correctly.

God Bless all our military!
Freedom is a wonderful gift that has been fought for our country.

No comments: