Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving
A special time to thank our loving Father in Heaven for all He has given us, especially His son Jesus to take our sins on him that we might have eternal life. A time to thank God for family, and a time to be together. We traveled to ND to spend a few days over Thanksgiving with my parents and my brothers family. This was the first Holiday without my brother so it was nice to all be together. Carving the turkey was normally my brothers job so Jamie took over. This was a first for him as I am sure he has already had many firsts since Aug 17th when my brother past away. He did a great job with the turkey and I know he is doing a great job with the work of the farm.




We all very much enjoyed the Thanksgiving feast, reminding of the plentiful provisions we have been blessed with.

A family tradition, putting up the Christmas lights. Bur-r-r It was a little cold and stormy out but my Niece and Nephew got them up. They are beautiful too!

While we were at my parents, I helped decorate their Christmas tree. Thanks to Angel who got everything out and set up the tree.



The morning after we arrived on the farm, I found this cute little kitten about frozen to death. We could barely tell she was alive by a very small movement of her mouth. She was stiff and her eyes open. We wormed her up very slowly and several hours later, she was OK. My sister-in-law suggested we call her Lazarus and Jamie suggested it be Lucky. I'm not sure what she is called, but Lazzy sounds good.


Friday, my husband drove me and my mother over very snow covered country roads to visit my Aunt Vera. This is my mother on the left and Aunt Vera on the right. We had a great visit and took her some left over turkey and trimmings since she was home alone over Thanksgiving.


My youngest Niece Amber, her husband Sean and their son Brayden. He is a cutie and growing way fast! (as children do)


My mom and I did some Christmas baking. It was fun, just like old times. We made her annual traditional Pepper nuts. They take awhile but are delicious with coffee. It's something she used to have as a child. The spicy smell while they bake is amazing and fill the whole house, very festive!

Even My dad got in on the baking of pepper nuts. His job was to put them in the pan for baking. He did a very good job of lining them up so none baked together. It was a fun, memorable time!


My husband always gives everyone a hard time about "PIE" Kathy surprised him and brought him a Pecan Pie. Yum-Yum!

After being at my parents for 5 days, we traveled west to spend a few days with our youngest daughter Melissa and family. We enjoyed our stay very much. We helped trim their tree by stringing popcorn and cranberries. Below is Ansir stringing popcorn.


Me and Melissa drape the tree with long strings of popcorn.

It looked very nice. The lights reminding us of Jesus as the Light of the world. The white popcorn reminding us of His Holiness and how our sins are white as snow. The cranberries remind us of the drops of blood He shed out of love for us to pay for all our sins.


Melissa singing a few Christmas and other songs.

The next day we made clay ornaments. The Nativity characters. It took a lot of trial and error but finally with all our trying, we were ready to bake them very slowly on low heat for about 5 hours.


Ready to hang on the tree! They turned out very nice.




Her Snow babies are all hung neatly between the kitchen and living room.

I just had to include a picture of the three dogs. Our dog, Baxter, on the left, is the oldest at almost 14 years old. Trixie is in front and their newest dog and only about 4 months old. Then there is Rosco, hes the black small dog in back. He is their first dog and about 6 years old. (I think)

I hope your Thanksgiving was a memorable one and that you remembered to thank God for all His goodness and mercy. God bless you as you enter this Advent season,preparing for the coming of the King. Come Lord Jesus!






















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the picture's. They are nice.

The Yellow Porcupine said...

God bless you for saving Lazzy's life.