Sunday, December 9, 2012

A strange "FRUIT"

 When Jeff and I were in the produce section of one of our main grocery stores,  we came across this big, almost twice the size of a regular grapefruit fruit.  To our surprise, it was a strange to us fruit, a PUMMELO, and a "PINK PUMMELO" at that.  
 We decided to buy one and give it a try,  after all,  we had never even seen on of these gigantic grapefruits let alone taste it.
 Here you can see how big it is next to my hand, my favorite coffee mug and a couple banana's.
 I must say I was a bit disappointed when we cut it open to reveal more soft spongy shell then fruit. The seeds were quite small and all gathered on one side of the fruit. The sections were not as organized as a orange or grapefruit, but it was pink and did resemble a grapefruit.

Dose anyone know if there is a special use for the thick shell of a "PUMMELO"?
Now for what you have been waiting for!    THE TASTE!     It did taste a lot like a grapefruit  only much sweeter.  Almost as if you were eating a grapefruit that had a few t-spoons of sugar on.  The flavor was good and it was very juicy but the fruit was harder to eat then a normal grapefruit and there really wasn't much of it!  It tasted like more but at the high price of the USA Good Luck Fruit,  I think I will just stick with grapefruit,  "PINK GRAPEFRUIT"!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

nice blog..good to come across another christian. if you do have the time, do check out my blog www.tillhiskingdomcome.blogspot.co.uk thanks! :)