Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Giving Thanks

Papa Porcupine and I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a week with the Lutheran Hen (our daughter and family). We give thanks for the many fun enjoyable memories that we have of Thanksgiving week. My next blog will show a little more of the meal. We had plenty of home cooking, great food prepared by the Lutheran Hen.

Our week started out very warm, 75 degrees, wonderful for our long fun walk, we were enjoying the walk so much that we almost wore out the youngest Chick, he had to be carried part way home.

The Chicks all had to take their turn walking our Dog. He enjoyed the lovely weather and walk as much as we did. I always enjoy fall walks with plenty of crunchy leaves.

Two days later the weather had changed. NOT A LITTLE as you can see from this picture.
With snow on the ground, a north wind and 17 degrees. We did have a lot of fun in the snow during the warmest part of the day. I think trying to throw snow at Nana was the main activity. The snow was too cold to stick for snow balls but a lot of snow was flying through the air. OK, OK! I admit I did through some myself.

Some of the fun things we did indore's were making and eating Carmel apples, played Barbie dolls, puppets, Star wars, played several games, colored, drew, Lincoln logs, scrap booking,
and made a Ginger bread house. The 3 oldest Chicks read some for us and we can't believe how well they read and improve from each visit.
In the up top picture you can see Chick #3 with a bright idea to decorate the back side of the Ginger bread house.


WOW, now you can tell it was a candy smiley face. What a cute idea that was!
Here is Chick #1 adding things to the very fully decorated house. It was a lot of fun especially with the 4 chicks helping.



This is toward the beginning of the project.
Even Papa Porcupine had a hand in decorating the Gingerbread house.


From Thanksgiving to Christmas in a day! I helped the Hen decorate their home with their many Christmas decorations. Only thing left now is for the Rooster to put up the outdoor lights and the Christmas tree. This home certainly displays the true meaning of Christmas with many Nativities in each room. I believe me and the Chicks counted 15!






Here are a few of my favorite pictures of the Chicks.
This is Chick #1 as she works on her scrap book. You can tell the seriousness of this big project and how busy she was! She looks beautiful in that hat, just like her mother, The Hen can wear almost any hat and look gorgious!


Hear is Chick #2. He had just finished a Lincoln Log project.
He is very creative and I might add very good at playing the game "CLUE" He beet me twice. I think he might have seen my hand!!! It was a lot of fun though.








This is Chick #3, She was showing me some of her dance moves. She is learning a lot since this is her first year in dance. She also loves to dress up so will do almost anything to change clothes and
put on a show. She also has a great imagination and we put on a great puppet show.



And here is the precious chick #4. It was hard for me to pick just one favorite picture of him. I think it was a tie between about 4 or 5! I love this one because all the other chicks had gotten cold and were already in the house. Of course they had been out several minutes before us due to taking so long to get the #4 chick dressed warm enough. He loved the snow and just before I took this picture he told me, "I'm going to stay out in the snow forever!" I love his little cold rosy cheeks. It wasn't long before we decided we had better go in for a cup of hot chocolate!
What a fun week even though all 4 of the chicks had a mild flue bug. We Give Thanks for all the blessings God has given us!

No comments: