Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's a Caramel time of year!

OK, OK! I do this the easy way. I use the individual wrapped caramels rather then cook my own Caramel. I wouldn't really call this easy though, unwrapping all these caramels takes awhile, patience, endurance, even when you have your grandson helping.
This was his idea, we make Caramel apples every fall around this time of year. When he sent a email asking when we were going to make Caramel Apples, I knew it was that Caramel time of year! Here he is stirring the caramels as they melt on low heat.







He pushed the sticks in the apples and we were ready to go.



Rolling the apples in the hot caramel. UM UM, I just love caramel apples!


I like mine dipped in crushed peanuts or pecans, whatever you happen to have on hand.


It looks good enough to eat, RIGHT? They still needed to cool just a bit in the refrigerator.
I place them on nonstick aluminium foil or wax paper so they don't stick. The crushed nuts not only add flavor but help so the runny Caramel dose not stick too bad.


Hear they are. Some people add drizzled white or dark chocolate. Ours were quite plain but very tasty.







My grandson enjoying that first bite of his caramel apple!









Still enjoying the 6th bite of his caramel apple!




Looks good doesn't it? It's a mouth watering experience and not too bad health wise either!

No comments: