Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Half Way

A few months ago my husband suggested that instead of reading various parts from the Bible, that I should start at the beginning, Genesis, and just read through the Bible. I have never done that before and I do need to confess that I am not a reader. Today I finally reached the center of the Bible. YEA! Half ways through the Bible. Psalm 119 is not only the center of the Bible but also the longest chapter with 176 verses.
Psalm 119 has 176 verses praising and thanking God for His Laws. No one can keep all the laws, that's why we are thankful for Gods Gracious forgiveness through Jesus. The law doesn't ruin all our fun but helps to keep order, leads to happiness and well being for the family and community.
I am certainly enjoying reading through the Bible this way and have learned a lot and things seem to fit together mush better now. I just wish I could remember more of what I read and exactly where I read it! I would like to invite each of you to start reading through the Bible, the True Word of God! If I can do it, so can you! If you have already read through the Bible, Great, read it again!

No comments: