Monday, December 10, 2007

SNOW/CHRISTMAS

Saturday Dec 8th was a snowy cold day. This was great and just what I needed to get in the spirit of Christmas and get all my decorating done. It was a great day to stay indoors and watch the white big flakes of snow cover the earth.
This is a picture taken from our back door. You can see we had about 6" of the fluffy snow and it seemed as if each flake stayed just where it landed.

With the cold, 15 degree day, with no sign of wind, you can see from this picture of our bench swing how the snow piled up at each rung and the 6 to 7 inches on the arm.


This is our wood rocker with just as much snow. The trees and fields were absolutely beautiful with the white cloud like snow cover.




I truly believe that the colder it is, the more the snow sparkles. I tried to capture the sparkly snow flakes with this close-up picture. You can see a few at the bottom right of the picture. If you want to see them very close up, put your cursor on this picture and click, it will enlarge.


Just to prove to you that I actually did get our tree up and decorated I took a few pictures.
It always looks better in person then on a picture.






I really love our artificial pre-lite tree. It is about the right size for our family room and with the heat from our wood stove, I don't have to worry about it drying out or take it down if we decide to go out of town for a few days over Christmas.


About 8 years ago, when I was still employed with Spiegel catalog, I purchased 3 lovely 6" angels from a great after Christmas sale. I have treasured those tree angels and love to decorate with them. Some time they hang from my ceiling, but this year they are all three in our Christmas tree. One is red as you see here, one blue and the other is green. On this picture you can also see part of some of the family name Christmas balls made by my oldest daughter. I received them as a Christmas gift. There are 11 of them, one for each family member. This is the second year I have had them on the tree. What a joy it is to hang all 11 ornaments with fond memories and say a special prayer for each family member. It is fun to look at the Christmas tree and see how each ornament can remind us of that first Christmas when Baby Jesus was born for all people.

No comments: