Saturday, March 8, 2008

Signs of Spring

This week we spotted a Robin, this was the first one this spring for me. I heard some friends telling that they had seen one about a week ago. This is always a SIGN OF SPRING! We also had 5 inch's of snow last week and Friday morning it was cold, 0 degrees, so mostly it still looked very wintry.
This Robin was enjoying a meal of very frozen crab apples from our tree. Many other birds feast on these crab apples throughout the winter months but there always seems to be a sufficient supply left for the spring Robins.


This afternoon we went for a drive up in the hills and had a sneak peek at the lakes to see if they looked higher. THEY DIDN'T! They are all still solid ice and were even hosting several ice fishermen.

I love our drives up in the hills, the scenery is lovely and the clean air is refreshing. The sky was so blue against the outline of the hills. Unfortunately this area didn't get much snow and what was there has about thawed.


I love the tall pines and the way God's wind sounds as it passes through the pine Branch's. We enjoyed seeing many, many, wild turkey and I would guess we saw over 100 Deer. (Not all in one herd but scattered here and there through the winding roads in the hills. ) I always watch for a Mountain Lion just because I think it would be fun to see one in the wild. I know they are around but like a cat, they are normally only seen if they choose to be. I would prefer being in our vehicle if we spotted one. Earlier this week,the local news reported a fisherman was attacked by a Mountain Lion. He only received minor scratches and bites but was shaken up a bit.
I hope you all take time to enjoy spring and that you remembered to spring ahead this weekend.

No comments: