Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We Found it!

Last week, while I was very busy in the house creating a Mission photo album for our Mission Pastor, Guess what my husband was busy with outside?
Yes, trimming things up. Our front yard had gotten a little overgrown and out of control in the last 20, 30 Years or so!

One of the prickly landscaping shrubs that he trimmed, had very yellow wood.


The yellowness surprised me and I would bet this wood or bush was at one time and maybe even now used for some medicinal purpose. Anyone have a clue?
Or even what this shrub is called?



The grown under rock garden is coming to life!









Lots and lots of clean up work! I did help with that project. 4 big garbage cans full!





Can you see it yet?








Hey! There it is, We found it! The rock! The flat top rock! This is the very rock I used about 30 years ago when I took pictures of our two cute 4 and 5 yr old, 5 and 6 year old daughters. I also took many pictures of friends children on this picturesque rock. It made a nice picture due to a beautiful birth tree just behind it!
This was the year, if any to do all the trimming, we have had much moisture and cool temps. The last 7 or 8 years have been very dry and hot,
so we hope the shrubs survive their huge hair cut!

1 comment:

Melissa Sutton said...

What a dramatic change from the overgrown bushes. I thought they were pretty also but I do love that rock. I bet you will be sitting all your grandchildren on that rock when they come visit for pictures as well. However with out the birch tree they wont quite look the same.