Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The last few Christmas Pictures.

I absolutly love having our tree and other Christmas decorations up. So on Jan 12th when I got ready to take the tree down, I just had to snap a few more pictures. Our theme this year was "JOY TO THE WORLD" If you look real close, you can see the center of the tree has the words, "Joy to the World" What better theme is there, Joy came that very first Christmas morning. Jesus has brought Joy to the world in His love and purpose. God's plan was complete, His Son would suffer for the sins of the whole World and thus win salvation in Heaven for all who believe.
This year I had the clay nativity figures under the tree.
This was a gift a few years ago from my youngest daughter and family. I have loved this gift and I use it every year as I teach the lesson of the Magi from the East coming to visit the infant Jesus, their king, with these gifts that are only fit for a king. Gold for a King or Royalty, Frankincense as in Worship the King (incense) and last Myrrh a precious valuable spice used in those days to anoint dead bodies. It is amazing how even when Jesus was a baby, those gifts told of His propose for coming down from a pure holy heaven to a unclean sinful earth.

I just had to include a picture of this old doll that I have inherited from my Aunt.(My dad's older sister) This doll was given to her when my dad was a baby so that makes this doll 93 years old. I have had the doll for a few years now but i recently obtained the original clothing that was at my mothers house. I love how she looks and as I look at her I wonder how many little girl arms have held and loved her. I wonder what her name was. I wonder if she got to sleep with my aunt. I will write a note about this doll and someday I hope to pass her along to someone who will love her and keep her nice for future generations to see.

No comments: