Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Niagara Christmas celebration #2

We arrived at Niagara on Christmas Eve late afternoon. We enjoyed attending the Children s program and candlelight service that evening at St Andrew Lutheran Church. That is the church where I grew up, and attended until 2 years after I had married Jeff and moved to Montana with the Air Force. After the Church service our family gathered at my parents home to unwrap gifts and enjoy some family time and treats.
I enjoyed snapping many pictures of the family, especially the twin girls (my nieces children) who were such a cute age at 9 months. After all, how often do I get the opportunity to take pictures of twin girls and their brother.




I know its a lot of pictures of this lovely family but honestly, each one is just a bit different.

It was fun watching the 3 children open and enjoy their gifts.

Here Jeff, (Papa Jeffy) is helping one patient little man get his toy truck out of the box. That can be quite the task with the way these toy's are boxed.
My 93 yr old dad holding his great granddaughter and below with my 90 yr old mother holding one of the great granddaughters.

I painted on rocks for both my nieces and my Nephew. The logo for Sioux will no longer be available after the New Year. (I think.)
I also wrapped up an old 1st or 2nd grade school book of their father, Dale, for each of them. Me and my husband had brought them home from the old house many years ago when my parents moved into their new house. Jeff found them in a box and came up with the gift idea. I think they enjoyed looking through the books and comparing them.


My Nephew Jamie was thrilled to get a (LEG LAMP) It was a fun gift!
Almost every year for the past 15 years, there has been a Christmas picture of all three of my brother and Kathy's children. So this year I took a picture to stay with the tradition.
One very happy boy who enjoyed his new Christmas toy's.
Christmas day after attending the Christmas worship service at St Andrew Lutheran Church, we all gathered at Niece Angel and her husband Davids home for a delicious meal of Ham and many other wonderful foods. Above My mother enjoys time with one of the twins.
Jeff had teased, all he wanted was beans, so guess what his Nieces wrapped up for him, YEP! Pinto beans. and he was thrilled. I am sure we will be cooking up a big pot of beans very soon.
These two pictures are of the twins who are not identical but still look very much alike.

Grandma Kathy has her turn to hold and treasure time with her granddaughter.
Great Grandpa teases and playing with his great grandson.
Brayden finally sitting still enough for a nice side view.
Christmas is such an exciting time for children.
Angels trees were absolutely beautiful. This is just one of her trees. She loves Christmas and dose a very good job decorating their home.
This is a gift from her husband. By the look of her smile she is thrilled with the Nativity Angel.
Nephew Jamie got a nice hooded sweat shirt that will be just the thing for riding his Harley.
My mother again with her Great granddaughter.
Jamie gets something he needed and can really use, a chain!
Above my father plays peek with the twins and below you can see how it really worked so I could get some cute pictures of the both of them.
These are the dresses I gave them when they were born. They are almost too small, who would have ever guessed that twin girls would be that big at 9 months. The dresses are size 12 months.
Here the girls are watching their older brother with a fun noisy toy. further down you will see what the toy is.


This church belonged to my Grandmother Hanssen. I always remember it at her house at Christmas season. It was always so pretty with the light inside and the music box plays"SILENT NIGHT" My brother had this since my grandmother past away and now it has been given to his oldest child , Angel. Her husband got the music box to work again and as you can see this church adds to the many beautiful decorations in their home.

Here is Jeff with his BUDDY! This is Angels and Davids dog Buddy. Below you can see the guys out flying their toy helicopters, gifts from "SANTA"!

Before we left my parents, my dear Uncle Ed came over to visit and share a few Christmas songs with us. It was a nice sing along and always fun to see him when we get to Niagara.

No comments: