Saturday, September 21, 2013

Favorite lake for fishing

A few days ago, the weather was absolutely perfect for a fishing trip to the lake.  Not just any lake, but my favorite lake in the hills, Pactola.  It is very picturesque, and surrounded by high hills filled with pine trees. 
 The sounds, sights and smells are wonderful. 


 It was a calm warm day for both boating and fishing.

 It always amazes me how these trees can flourish and grow from a base of rock. 
 The clear quiet lake provided a beautiful reflection of the trees and skyline.  

 You can tell that fall is in the air not only by the smells and feel of the air but by the colorful foliage and ground cover.


 The clouds were very pretty,
 almost purple/pink 
as the sun started to set.
 I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this bird but maybe I was lucky to get even this picture.  I watched it dip down to the water and catch small fish and carry them off in its claws. I am almost certain it was a Osprey but the white just isn't showing on this photo.
 There was a beautiful big harvest moon, it actually looked way big and much better in real life then what this picture depicts. 

OK, so I know you are all wondering if we really did catch any fish.   Some of you probably wonder how I could be actually fishing with all the pictures I have taken.   I guarantee I did my share of casting and fishing.  Yep, here they are, our catch for the day.  We actually caught more but these are the fish that we kept for a fresh meal and another 4 meals for in our freezer.  


The last time we were fishing at this lake, we saw and even hooked and almost caught a huge fish but it was the big one that got away.  I am sure it had to be a good 30 inches long.  I am not real sure what kind it was but we are now naming it "WALTER"  and will continue our luck in catching it.
It was a beautiful fun relaxing day and we hope for quite a few more of these fine days this fall before winter appears.  


No comments: