Friday, September 13, 2013

Week in ND Aug 26 - Sept 3, 2013 ( Part 2 )

While we were at my mothers, it had rained and created a great opportunity for my husband Jeff and nephew Jamie to do some much needed trimming around the house.  
 and trimming of the hedge that had been out of control.   They opened things up so my mother can see the highway and mail box from the picture window.  As they were trimming I heard Jamie tell Jeff,  "I sure wish I would have done this while Grandpa was still alive, he would have loved the view from his chair."

 It was up in the 90's but they were in the shade part of the time which helped make their hard work bearable.  

 It sure looks different with everything trimmed.  I didn't get a photo after everything was hauled away. 
This beauty of a yellow jacket hive was just to the left of where the trees were cut down but they were not very active.  Unlike the yellow jacket's that had a  hive on the back side of Jamies granary.  They attacked him when he closed the hatch and stung him twice.   
The next day he was out there with some mighty powerful bug spray that shoots 20 feet.  YEP,  he got them.

 Jeff helped him out by spraying the hive on the east end of the house. 
 Time for a little fun and relaxation.  My 85 yr old uncle Ed (my mothers younger brother) came over to so a little picking with Jeff.   
 It was fun listening to them pick and sing 
and we even joined in on a few songs.

 We took my mother to the cemetery so we could see my dad's head stone and the VA foot stone that had just been placed.   
 The foot stone turned out nice but I had requested the Missouri Lutheran cross that they offered but for some reason it came with the regular cross.  I guess it will have to do. 


 My mother still has some flowers outside in front of the picture window and many beautiful blooming african violets on the inside of the picture window on a big coffee table.  She has had these for years. There must be a good dozen plants.   Purples, pinks, blue and white.

 We got in on the very beginning of harvest.  It was a very late spring so harvest is also late this year.



 I took these pictures west of the farm at sun set.  Here you can see the beautiful silhouette of the combine and Jamie as he drives and runs this big combine.  Well, at least it sure looks big to me. 

Our youngest daughter enjoyed some guitar, mandolin time with her father.  He taught her a few new techniques on the guitar.  It was fun to listen to them as they played together making beautiful music. 

I was thankful to spend the week with my mother and help her with a few things while I was there.   I am also very thankful to God for letting me enjoy my mother and her love for so many years.  I treasure our time together.  

No comments: