Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Tree

A blessed Christmas to everyone. It is still the Christmas season and especially at our home. We almost always leave decorations up until Jan 6, Epiphany. This year they will stay up longer as we will be having our Christmas gift exchange Jan 15 when our oldest daughter and four grandchildren from NE will be spending a week with us while her husband attends a conference with
their pastor and other friends at Ft Wayne. Since my younger daughter, her husband and son spent Christmas out of state with my parents, we decided to all celebrate together in Jan. It should be a lot of fun and I wouldnt be a grandmother if I said I wasn't very excited. I can not think of any other holiday that is so important then our Saviors birthday and well worth extending the joyous celebration. Above is a picture of our new pre-lighted artificial Christmas tree . We purchased it last January at a very good sale price and we are certainly enjoying it. We have a wood burning stove in our family room where we like to display our tree so a live tree would be severely dried out by this time. This tree will also be nice for when we spend Christmas away from home with family. That way we wont be forced to take it down early. I love having the angel at the top of our tree to remind us of that special message from God that His Son had been born for you and for me and would save His people from their sins.

No comments: