Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Crown Of Thorns

This is my mothers crown of thorns plant. It was blooming so beautiful, I just had to take a picture. If you look closely, you can see the many sharp pointed thorns. This of course reminds us of the Crown of Thorns that was placed on our suffering saviour Jesus head. The small bright red flowers always remind us of the blood He shed for all of our sin. The green reminds us of eternity. The free gift of Eternal life that He paid the full price for on that cross on the first Easter. My Mother forms this plant into a circle to remind us further of the crown.
My Mother has always had a green thumb and seems to have the perfect North/South picture window. She also has many many African violets of different colors. They bloom all year round. Maybe someday I will post a picture of those beautifull violets as well.

No comments: