Monday, January 21, 2008

CATS

As most of you know, I was brought up and raised on a farm. That meant always having lots of pets. My favorite of course was cats. I spent hours and hours with my dozens of cats and kittens. We still have cats. Not because we go out and choose and purchase them but because we somehow acquire them. Above is our old cat of 15 years, Sammy Sylas who we adopted when our youngest daughter brought him home as a kitten. A very cute kitten I must admit. She said if we didn't adopt him he would have to be killed. So we have had him for quite some time. Actually he will be 16 this spring. He spends a lot of time outdoors hunting and such. He is inside when it gets very cold outside and today is 6 degrees with 3 inch's fresh white snow.
A friend of mine brought over a can of Fancy Feast (the expensive gourmet cat food) that had been left behind by her brother who had been visiting for Christmas and had their cats along. WOW! how is that for a long sentence. I decided to treat our elderly cat like a king and serve him the Fancy Feast in a glass dish like on the TV commercial. I think he loved it!



He ate every bit of it and licked the dish clean. He is looking old but is still very big and has a loud voice.

Now this little creature we call Midnight! She came to our door the last week in Nov. and wanted in. She sure is sweet. She is declawed, jealous, gets along well with our dog Baxter but is very scared of our Grand puppy . She is a good jumper and never knocks anything down. Yesterday she thought this would be a good spot to rest and watch what was happening from this high spot in our living room.

You can see how comfortable she is and close to the ceiling.


Here she is, watching as I'm in the kitchen making a meal. I guess she can see better what I am making from this high advantage point compared to being on the floor. She is almost always in the house and we enjoy her a lot. There is one more cat who hangs around our yard, He is very big, muscle bound, black long haired and declawed. He has never been brave enough to come in our house but lets me pet him when I feed him on our patio table. I call him Blacky. He has been around for 1 1/2 years.
Soon I will blog about the dogs in my life.

No comments: