Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dogs in my life.

This is the oldest dog I know. His name is TAZ and belongs to my Nephew. He has been such a good dog and as far as I can tell, I think He is about 18 years old. He walks slower and you can tell he has some pain. He doesn't play much anymore although he has had many years of playing with my Nephew as he was growing up. He is still a good faithful companion. I took this picture last summer when we were visiting at ND.



This is our dog. He is smiling in this picture because he just loves to run around in tall grass and open areas. He also is getting older. He will be 11 very soon. One of our neighbors just told me yesterday that she was surprised he was that old. She said he still had a bark of a two year old.

Our dog Baxter isn't so sure about other dogs. This was a couple years ago when our good friends young Boxer "Cooper" was visiting. Poor puppy, he desperately wanted to play with Baxter.


Here he is giving a questioning, disgusted look to our grand puppy Rosco.


He is a very good dog and wants to be with us wherever we go. He knows if he looks at us with those big eyes that we melt and if possible will let him come along. We take him in our camper, fishing and for rides in the Black Hills. He just can't understand why he can't come to work with us, after all, there would be plenty of room on those big school buses for him!


He LOVES his treats. His favorite is the t-bone treats. He dose several tricks for his treats. But the trick he dose the most is sneeze on command.



He is a good rester. He loves laying next to his master, my husband on the reclining love seat.
When we purchased the love seat several years ago, I wanted leather but the men, my husband and Baxter dog won out, they didn't think it would be as comfortable as this one.

MAYBE THEY WERE RIGHT!


Baxter really hates to have his picture taken. I think he feels he is being punished. You can see that (I HATE THIS) look on his face. You can also see he is getting a few grey hair on his face.
I guess we all have to deal with the grey hair dilemma.


This is our grand puppy, our youngest daughters dog Rosco. He is a tiny thing but can be very active. It is hard to get him to sit still for a picture. Also with him being completely black, its hard to get his eyes to show up. Sorry this picture is blurred.


He is very good with children and now he and our dog get along just fine. They even share each others toys.


I love this picture, this is a few years ago when Rosco was younger and him and my grandson were both tired and taking a nap. SWEET isn't it?


This picture was just taken at New Years. It is our other Grand puppy. He is a springer spaniel and so cute and what a special personality. My oldest daughter always tells me how much trouble he gets into but he always seems so Innocent and sweet to me! Look at those eyes, could he be mischievous? ? ?



This is a picture my grandson took of their dog Toby. They are best of friends. Every boy needs a dog to grow up with!













Another picture of Toby, you can see his pretty Springer Spaniel markings. He is such a smart dog.











Toby says, "Who me? I don't have anything in my mouth. I wouldn't chew up anything. Nope, not me! You must be seeing things. " Actually, this is his late Christmas gift, a rawhide bone all wrapped up. He really thought he had something. Acording to my daughter, he has been known to chew up a few things!


Here is that boy with his puppy last Christmas. I love that picture. Toby was by his side for every trip he made carrying in fire wood. What a faithful friend!

These are my neighbors dogs. They are beautiful Standard poodles. They are about 1 year old on this picture and very active.






This is Simon



This is Sadie


Here is My parents (mostly my dad's ) dog SPOT.
She is a Blue Healer and is my dad's best friend. She loves to go for rides in his pickup
and also on his four wheeler with him. I think Spot is about 10 years old but I'm not positive.
She is a very good dog and a great companion.
She loves my dad and watches and waits for him to come out side.
He even lets her in their house from time to time for a small dish of left overs.
She gets so happy and wiggles all over.

I hope you have a special dog in your life. They are always there for you and always ready and willing to forgive and stand at your side forever.
When God created dogs, He certainly knew how much we
would need their love and companionship.

1 comment:

Ansir said...

Nice i like the pictures you posted of Rosco and Baxter