Saturday, January 5, 2008

On The Fifth Day of Christmas . . .

It has been awhile since I have blogged. We have been busy enjoying our family as our oldest daughter, husband and 4 children have spent a week with us. I will be sharing a lot of the happenings with you.
What a blessing it was to have our family together for Sunday morning church and then our gift opening. Our five sweet grandchildren were quite excited and barely had time to pose for this picture. Since the first day of Christmas is on the 26Th, this was on the Fifth day of Christmas. What a fun day it was. Opening the gifts took about 1 1/2 hour as we take turns opening so everyone can enjoy watching each other and share in the joy of both giving and receiving.

It was a great time for our family!







Above is my oldest grandson opening his Lego's gift from us. He was quite excited and couldn't wait to get started setting this Star Wars Lego pieces together. Even the other Grandchildren were excited and anxious for him to set it together.



My oldest Granddaughter had been wanting a fountain pen like her Nana (me) likes to use. You can see from her expression that she was surprised and excited about her fountain pen, refills and pretty pink Journal.




Here is grandson #2 (also known as chick #2 from my daughters blog, The Lutheran Hen) He was happy to receive his first Webkinz since his older sister already had two. These cute little furry stuffed animals have a card with that allows the webkinz to be a virtual pet on line and thus they can interact with other online webkinz. It's hard to explain but this popular pet is a lot of fun.

Below is granddaughter #2, she is 5 years old and has the cutest personality. When Santa didn't bring her a pink pony webkinz that she wanted she figured she would have to wait until her birthday. Little did she know that her Nana and Papa were giving her this Internet pink pony pet. She named her Rosy.





Here is our youngest grandchild using his tool set gift from us to saw open another gift from his Great Grandparents. It worked very nicely to rip through the paper on his new footy pajama's.

There is never a dull moment with our precious grandchildren around.







Our two lovely daughters received beautiful cable knit sweaters from my parents. Here on the left is our oldest daughter (the Hen) with her white sweater and our youngest daughter with her pink sweater.













Oh yes, even I had my turn opening gifts. My grand daughter was helping me discover the surprise inside this beautiful box. It is the Wise Men's gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. Very lovely decorative boxes to hold a sample of the very first gifts ever given at Christmas to the Baby Jesus. What special meaning in the gifts of the magi. Later my grandchildren helped me place these three gifts around the baby Jesus in my ceramic nativity. This gift was from my youngest daughter and family, I received a Digital Photo Key chain from my oldest daughter and family. So as soon as I decide which 60 photos to put on this key chain all my friends can enjoy seeing my favorite photos. Just maybe you will be the lucky one. I will treasure these special thoughtful gifts for many years to come. I could tell a lot of thought went into these gifts. Like the special perfect gift from our loving Father in Heaven. A Savior who is Christ the Lord.
OH COME LET US ADORE HIM! OH COME LET US ADORE HIM,
OH COME LET US ADORE HIM, CHRIST THE LORD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I get lonly, I just take the time to check out new photo's on your blog.

Deborah D. Lowe
debdlowe@gmail.com