Wednesday, April 2, 2008

March in/out

Our first few days in March were warm and sunny, 60 to 70 degrees. I guess you would say March was in like a Lamb! Well look what happened the last day of March, you got it, snow and cold, 17 degrees and about 6 " new white snow. I guess that was the out like a Lion. Not too ferocious though! I've always heard that saying but just haven't payed much attention to it on previous years.
This picture really doesn't show the amount of snow but you can tell that we were blessed by not having a strong wind. There was a lot of ice under the snow since the first inch or so melted as it hit but then quickly froze. There were a few accidents early in the morning but none involving school bus's that we work with.

You can see how beautiful this white snow makes the area. Many schools around the area were 2 hr late start due to the snow and ice. Some areas had much more snow and up to 15".


This picture is after it had started to thaw off the road. Today after 60 degree weather you would have no idea there was that much snow the morning of April 1st. It is amazing how fast things have started to green out under the melting snow. My dad always calls a late spring snow, poor mans fertilizer. What a blessing from God on the dry earth.


You can see how the snow has thawed and the lawn is greening out.
Actually I took this picture of the bird feeder. Look at it real hard, there is a red cardinal bird eating from it. I know, I had to look twice when my husband spotted her. I have never seen a cardinal here before. I did read in our news paper that there has been one spotted in our city last fall and this winter.


This is the same picture just pulled close and enlarged. This is the only picture I got before it flew up high in a tree. We hope to see this female cardinal again! There are many Robins now and the wonderful praises of all the birds sounds lovely. I hope you can all take some special time to be still and listen to the birds.
God's voice breaks through as he addresses the nations in Psalm 46:10 Be still an know that I am God!

No comments: