Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring showers bring May flowers?


See these dark clouds, This was early last evening and the first thunder storm this spring. We really need the moisture so we are hoping for more of these in the next few days. We did receive some fresh smelling rain but only about 1/2 inch. Every bit helps and we give thanks for the moisture.

I have never been able to capture lightning on a photo. This was my last evening attempt. You can see how dark the clouds were about 7 PM. You can also see our flowering crab apple tree and the blossoms just starting to open. Today was so cool and windy. High was only 40 degrees.


Spring flowers are much later this year then most. I checked back on my 2007 blog and these were blooming march 18Th. This year the first daffodil was open April 12Th. There is not as many flowers this year due to such hot, dry fall and still dry this spring. I took the picture above at night with a flash, that's how I got the dark background.


These are cute little spring flowers, I have them growing all over. I think this is some type vining Vinka.










These are very hardy,
the Grape Hyacinths!







This is a bush in front of our house that has been there forever, well not quite, but since before we moved in about 30 years ago. It gets many tiny white flowers on in early spring.



The Tulip 2 days ago. The tulip as of today!



Our garden is tilled and ready to plant. Soon, maybe next week, I will plant onions, radish, lettuce and sugar peas. These all love it cool and I would expect temp's to warm up fast in May. 70's and 80's!

No comments: