Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sewing

Remember this picture from my Aug 2007 Fair? The Baptism gown was sew en about 3 years ago just in case chick #4, our grandson would have been a girl. The past week I have been sewing a Baptism Romper.

This is the pattern I used. If you click on it you can see the different figures better. Three years ago I used view E for our grandson. This week I sewed view F as you will see below.
It has the tucks, ribbon and short pant legs. I sew the New Born size and even though our grandchildren are 8 or 9 lb, and only 1 or 2 weeks when baptized, it is still plenty big.
I added ribbon to the little boy bonnet so it would match the romper better. I used to sew a lot but in the past 20 years or so, I haven't sewed much and unfortunately you can really notice. It is fun though, especially when it is for a new grandchild.


Close up of the tucks, ribbon and tiny buttons.


This shows how the bonnet matches. The fabric I used is old! It had been in it's original bag for 36 years, since me and my husband were married.



Now you know the rest of the story! We received a white muslin pair of pillow cases and had never used them. I figured this would be a good time to use them.


This is the same dress as in the first picture. I washed it and changed out the lavender ribbon with white ribbon. It is ready to wear just in case our daughter's 5th child is a girl. They never want to know but enjoy the surprise. Our 6yr old granddaughter said it will be a girl, "Its a pattern Nana", she said, "girl, boy, girl, boy, GIRL" We will just wait until the 26th to find out and meet our new grandchild.


This dress also has tucks in both the bodice and bonnet. The over skirt is a sheer flowing fabric.


This is our oldest daughter with baby belly. I just think she is so cute and a very good mother. She home schools their children always keeping God the center of their lives and studies. You can see the deep love she has for their children. We are thankful to God for His great love and gift of a loving family.

No comments: