Thursday, September 18, 2008

MY DAD

My Dad in his younger years. What a handsome guy! I believe he was in his early 20's.

My Dad will always be handsome to me. My Dad will turn 90 years old this Saturday, the 20th. What a special day for him and all who love him. We will be traveling to ND to spend a few days with my parents and family before heading to our oldest daughters to help care for our 4 lovely grandchildren while the 5th is being born.



For many many years my father milked cows to help support our family. This was about 30 years ago.


What a big smile, This is one of my favorite pictures of my Dad and none of us even know who took this picture about 12 years ago.




Relaxing in his recliner. What a natural looking picture of my Dad!





He has hunted deer for over 50 years and always gets his deer!
He is a great farmer and always worked hard to support his family. This is 2 years ago but he still helps combine a few hours a day.
Dad in the combine.
Dad and my husband this summer with a nice stringer of fish.

This was around fathers day.
I took this picture in June 2008. The old pickup that everyone knows, the red barn in the background and my dear dad!
I often thank Our Loving Father in Heaven for my Dad, My mother and their Christian parents who brought them up in the true word of God.
These verses from Psalms 1 cause me to think of my Dad.
1: Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2: But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3: And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

No comments: