Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Preparations

As most of you know, My husband and I both work on school bus's. He has many children that ride, like over 70 and I am a Bus Aid with approximately 22 children. Each year around this time of year, my husband gets busy, comes up with some figure to cut (saw) out of thin 1/8" wood. This year he is cutting out lambs for each student as their Christmas gift. Last year it was bells, one year it was Christmas trees, camels, school bus's etc. I help out by tracing them on the wood and helping with the thin ribbon ties so they can be used as tree ornaments.

We also help out with a mission church at the Reservation. This year he cut out over 60 of these wood ornaments. I stamped them and will put the thin red ribbon tie on each ornament. This will be the craft for this Sunday. The children and sometimes adults too, can color the manger scene with either colored pencils or markers. This will be a lasting reminder of the true meaning of Christmas and can be used to witness to others.


And here is our 16 1/2 yr old cat. I don't know why but every December He thinks the tree was put up just so he can lay under it.

Since he was a kitten he seemed to enjoy this quiet, under the tree spot. See that pretty shiny ornament? He also loves to bat that around a little and watch it spin. This is a old colorful plastic ornament from when I was a child. Not to give away my age but the ornament is well over 50 years old!
Every year I have a Christmas party with a theme. Last years theme was Let Your Light so Shine, this years theme is The Sound of Music. You can notice that this years tree has music notes and symbols to help keep with this years theme.



One job I normally only get done around this time of year is cleaning my light over our kitchen table. About 10 years ago, I just had to have this light and My husband bought it for me as a Christmas gift. Well, this light has many, many Chrystal balls, about 44 to be exact. As you can tell in this before picture, they do get dusty and dull throughout the year. At first I had planned on just skipping this time consuming job but tonight I thought better of myself and got to work.



You can see quite a difference. Even if my guests might not have noticed,
I would know and now it is done.



Here you can see how bright and festive it looks. The Chrystal cross was not a part of the light, but was a gift from our Daughter and I thought it would be a nice addition to our light.

Here's wishing you happy preparations for
a very special occasion! JESUS BIRTHDAY!
We go through many preparation hours, planning time, and thought when we celebrate our family's birthdays, so why not go all out as we celebrate Jesus Birthday. I think it is absolutely wonderful how most of the world celebrates Jesus Birthday even if many do not realize it.
Oh Come Let Us Adore Him! Christ The Lord!

No comments: