Monday, December 8, 2008

It's Advent season or is it FLU season

Hey ! What is this? Anyone recognize this stuff? Well we sure do! NO, Its not Advent stuff!

My husband and I have both taken our turn with the creeping crud! The flu! We both missed a couple days of work due to bad head ache, temp, achy muscles and bones and the worst cough and Flem that we have seen in awhile. So to all our friends and loved ones, get a lot of rest, drink a lot of fluids , take vitamin c and please stay healthy. It seems to drag on and on. 3 to 4 weeks is not exaggerating.




Yes it is the Blessed time of year, Advent. Last Wednesday, my worst day of the flue, our dear friends, missionary mentors, Rev Utecht and his wife stopped by to visit and give us this beautiful wreath. It really helped to cheer up my day. They had no idea that I was under the weather. I certainly didn't want to spread the virus but was so happy to see them. They didn't stay long but it was a high-light of my day and I thank them for that, oh, and also the wreath that will adorn our most used doorway until well after the New Year.



I have managed to get some of the house decorated for Christmas. These are my 10 year old carolers that I purchased at a after Christmas sale when I was still employed with Spiegel.

I love this caroling family and can almost hear them singing "glo-o-o glo-o - o - ria ,
in ex-cel-sis de-o.
In the past 10 years, these carolers have been know to mysteriously move around. The boy would be in one room, the mother on the TV, the father on the end table , etc.

This was a cute little joke my husband played on me and almost daily when I would get home from work they would be relocated somewhere in our home.



This gorgeous Angel will join our Christmas decorations this year. It is a gift from my husbands sister from WV. http://wwwwestvirginiaredhen.blogspot.com/ She is a very crafty person and always doing or making something beautiful.




This Angel was a gift from my parents. It is a fiber optics lite Angel. I have many many more angels and maybe next week I might share a few more pictures of angels or Christmas decorations.



I had a little trouble setting up our pre-lit artificial tree. My husband took over and you can see he got it together. I got it decorated on Saturday. I love doing that part. I am resting a lot and taking my time doing things around the home. I certainly don't want the flue to hit hard again. I am on the mend with still much coughing. The new natural cough medicines that our oldest daughter recommend help a lot but certainly doesn't cure it.
I try to look at the plus part of having the flue.
A. Thankful for the health we so often take for granted.
B. Time to relax and reflect the true meaning of this Advent season. Jesus birth!
C. Hopefully by getting this flue now, I will build up immunity and thus not get it at a older age when it is much harder to fight off.

Come to Bethlehem and see
Him whose birth the angels sing,
Come adore on bended knee, Christ the Lord, the newborn King.
Gloria in excelsis Deo!
GOD Bless your Advent season.





No comments: