Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter with my parents!


My home town church was as beautiful as ever decorated to celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior JESUS! The communion service was great and the joyous voices about made the rafters ring as everyone sang the beautiful Easter Hymn's


My parents Easter Morning, My dad with his Easter Basket hat, WWII 90th division hat. I was
thrilled when I found it at the VA Hospital in Omaha. It even has the Tough Ombre patch, the one I always remember him showing me as a young child.

This is my husband and I with my parents on Easter morning!
Our 13 yr old grandson with his Papa and Nana. He is getting so tall! Our youngest daughter and family came to Niagara for Easter weekend too.


The Easter Egg coloring or dying! It is a family tradition and still loads of fun as you can tell as my father of 90 years old takes part in the fun!


My Niece and husband opened their lovely home for us, they had a total of 23 people there to enjoy a Delicious Easter meal.

They even used their New Wedding China and it was very elegant and beautiful.
Below is my Niece taking time out to hold her new nephew.
There are few things quite so important!
Great Grandma got her baby time !

Of course, Mom got in her baby time!

Dad too!


This is Mom and Dad and their new son at the Easter Worship! I love the way dad and his son match colors and that wasn't even planned. What a great way to start your family by bringing him to Church.




This is Grandma, She loves her new grandson and I can tell she treasures every minute with him.













This is Grandma with her first and only grandchild, She loves him dearly and bought this cute little Baby's First Easter outfit.







My youngest daughter loves babies and took her turn holding him. I love those little wrinkles in his forehead. When I look at them I think of my father, when I was a child always wrinkling up his forehead as he moved the top of his head forward and back. Something I have not seen anyone else do!


So, So Precious! I think the cute little chick feet really make the outfit!

You can tell when there is a new baby in the family, they get all the attention and that is the way it should be, he will only be a tiny baby for a short time.


1 comment:

lhd said...

What lovely pictures, thank you so much for posting them. I'm always a softie for a cute baby, and it's wonderful to see your parents looking so well and happy. I have to tell you my Dad could also do the scalp wiggle .....my kids thought it was really cool..... must be a Herman gene! I'm glad to see you had such nice holiday. .......cousin Lois