Sunday, April 5, 2009

HOLY WEEK

The Triumphal Entry
Luke 19:30-31 Go to the village ahead of you , and as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks you, "Why are you untying it?' tell him, 'The Lord needs it.' "

The next day the great crowd that had come for the Feast heard that
Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem.
They took palm branches and went out to meet him shouting,
"Hosanna!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Blessed is the King of Israel! " John 12:12-13


JESUS WASHES HIS DISCIPLES' FEET
John 13:5-7 After that he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him. He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"
Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."


When evening came, Jesus arrived with the Twelve.
While they were reclining at the table eating, he said,
"I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me--- one who is eating with me."
They were saddened and one by one they said to him, "Surely not I?"
Mark 14:16-19


THE LORDS SUPPER
Mathew 26:26 While they were eating, Jesus took the bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."
Then He took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all f you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

Then Jesus went to the garden of Gethsemane to pray, Jesus was arrested, taken before the Sanhedrin, Peter disowns Jesus, Jesus taken before Pilate,
then Jesus was Sentenced and Crucified, died in our place and buried.


Jesus Appears to Mary
Mark 16:9-11
When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.

I would ask you all to read the four Gospels, Mathew, Mark, Luke and John's accounts of Holy Week, the death and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus. It is just as if four of us had witnessed a special event and told in our own words. The figurines pictured above, that I have purchased through the years, help in my Holy week observance, as I stop, meditate, reflect and worship My Savior,who gave His all for me and you that we might have life here in this world and life eternal with Him in heaven!



1 comment:

Melissa Sutton said...

WOW What a wonderful way to tell the amazing story of our Saviors love and sacrifice for us. I didn't realize that you had so many of the figures. How beautiful!