Wednesday, April 22, 2009

YEP! IT'S SPRING!

Remember these tiny miniature red tulips from yesterdays blog?
Well this is what they looked like today when the sun was out bright and it was 80 degrees. I had estimated about 14, today I actually counted them and there are 26 tulips on this one bush.
Some are really much bigger then other years too, about the size of a cup! I guess that comes from lots of moisture and a snow packed winter.

A closer up picture so you can see how big they are.





I saw this big bumble bee today. I know that's a sign that spring is here.


These are a very early blooming ground cover, Vinca Minor, It grows just about anywhere. It only gets about 6 inch's tall and has royal purple flowers for at least a month in spring.


My Grandma Rose (because it is a shoot from my grandmothers original pink rose bush) is getting new spring leaves. A great sign of spring.


The tiny grape Hyacinths are coming out by leaps and bounds.


Everyone knows what this is! Yep, a fresh mown lawn, the first cutting and you all know that fresh incomparable new mown lawn smell!

I just had to include this picture. Just like a little child when you tell them to get out of the way. He just had to turn back and get in my new-mown-lawn picture. Look at that GUILTY look on his face.


I finished the lawn just in time, see those rain clouds on their way?




And my cat needed some attention too and did pose for this picture.
I hope you all take time to enjoy the spring sights and smells. It's a special blessing from God and a very special NEW LIFE time of year!

1 comment:

Melissa Sutton said...

Wow I can't believe how green and bright everything is. Ours is starting to get there but there is still alot of brown around.