Thursday, April 15, 2010

Childhood Dessert

This is a very easy Dessert, fast to make and only has 3 ingredients or 2 if you like. When I was just a little girl, many, "did I say Many" years ago, this was one of my favorite desserts. I'm not sure if it was because I loved the taste or because it was so easy and even me as a 5 or 6 yr old could make it. Since Graham Crackers were my favorite, we almost always had them on hand. Unlike my older brother, I would rather have a graham cracker with real butter on then a candy bar.

First easy step is to get a bowl, crush or crumble up 2 or 3 graham crackers. Anybody can do that, right?


Step two, add a couple slices of canned peaches. We always had a peach half since my mother always home canned her own from cases of fresh summer peaches. We lived on a farm in ND so it was very necessary to have a lot of canned veg, meat and fruit for the long hard winter months. I would imagine you could use other fruit, fresh, frozen or canned. We always just used peaches.

Step three, add a dab, glob or big spoon full of cool whip. (We always had fresh whipping cream and even as a young girl, I knew how and often did make the whipped cream for our desserts. We milked cows so we always had fresh milk, cream and butter and often we needed to use up the cream before it turned sour. SO - - - you guessed it, lots of whipped cream. YUM-YUM

Now it is ready to eat! I always liked mine best without the peach. I still do. You know what? It's the taste, yep definitely the taste, that's why I like the dessert. The taste is not quite the same quality as when I was a little girl, but I still enjoy it. Try it sometime, you too might enjoy this easy dessert.

No comments: