Thursday, December 24, 2015

Early Christmas in ND with mom

My husband  and I traveled to Eastern ND the second week in December.  We enjoyed a visit with my mother and other family.  On Dec 9th we had the privilege to attend a beautiful Advent service at St Andrew Lutheran Church.  There we also got to visit and see more family and friends.    

My mother is doing great for 94+ years old.  She enjoys company and also the other residents at her assisted living.  

This is her beautifully decorated living room. We have to thank her granddaughter Angel for all the work and decorating expertise. 

 
My mothers hall, window display.
Each apartment has a nice outside hall way window to decorate and display personal things. 
This year the residents have competition to see who has the best decorated window.  

More of moms window display,  notice farm picture.

The next four pictures below is the one my mother thought might win.  



 

The tree in the dinning, activity room

 Below you will see several other 
hall window decorations. 






 The fourth day that we were there there was a fun Christmas sing along.  Everyone enjoyed the fun songs and also the more meaningful Christmas carols.  The residents were treated to lefsa, cookies and coffee.  

It was so nice to see Carol (left) enjoying herself
and we even got to visit with her awhile.


 When we sang Silent Night, my mother informed them that she knew it in German from her childhood.  So she was ask to sing in German and she did a very good job.  I can only hope that if I live to be 94 yr old that I can still sing as good as my mother.  The BEHM voices have always been very good. 

My mother sporting a Santa cap.  She did not send out Christmas cards this year but she certainly wishes everyone a Blessed Christmas and she enjoyed every
 Christmas card that she received. 








No comments: