Tuesday, December 1, 2015

My mother celebrates 94 years. Sep 1, 2015


This was the morning of my mothers 94th Birthday,  September 1, 2015.    Her #1 grandson Jamie stopped by in the morning to spend some time and sing Happy Birthday.  You can tell by my moms smile that He made her day.   He couldn't be there in the afternoon for the party since he was in mid swing of harvest.  
One of the first to arrive for the afternoon party was her younger brother, ED.  Hear he has just given her a hug and tells her she is still doing so good.  She always says,  I am doing as good as I can be but not as good as I want to be.  
A big hug from younger sister Vera.  They rarely get to see each other but the talk daily on the phone.  They have always been very close sisters.  
My AuntVera  at almost 90yr, Uncle Ed at almost 88
and my mom, Loretta at 94 yr.  
There are only 3 living from the original 11 children.  My Uncle Ed says, "We need to stick together, we are all that is left." It was such a joy to see them together,  it happens far too seldom now as they are all older.   
This is LeeAnn who only lives blocks away from her Aunt, my mother.  She has been a big help to my mother for the past year since my mom has moved into the assisted living in the same town.  The lovely flowers are fresh from her yard.  She has such a green thumb and a very picture perfect yard.  I always enjoy spending time with my cousin LeeAnn.  Below she greets her Aunt Vera who she seldom gets to see.

Thank You LeeAnn for bringing such a
lovely bouquet of flowers from your garden.

I got 2 DQ Ice Cream cakes for the party. There was plenty for all but the most important was the people who came to sing and wish my mom a happy 94th.  



I was so happy that so many people could come to wish my mom Happy 94th.   Evie The lady in blue print top is my mothers first cousin.

My mom, me and LeeAnn.



A good visit and celebration was had by all. 

Harriet visiting with her Aunt Vera.
My cousin Harriet has lived close to my mom for years and is a big part of my mothers life.  She is my moms oldest sisters child.  Harriet still comes to visit my mother as often as she can even though it is now a 25 mile drive.  

This group of fine senior's are all residents of the assisted living and in just one year have become good friends of my mother.  They are there for each-other. I am thankful for their friendship toward my mom.  

Angel, my mothers granddaughter, signs the guest book.  She lives a few miles away and is a big help to my mother also.  She keeps the seasonal decorations up for my mom.

Granddaughter Amber and her daughter, one of the twins,
enjoy a slice of the ice cream cake. 



5 cousins, me on the right, who came from near and far to wish my mom Happy Birthday. .  

Maybe we never did really get ready for this picture.
  We were full of silliness. 
Below:  Another picture of us 5 cousins who were there for the party.  This picture is according to age from left to right.  I need to add that there are about 25 other cousins on my mothers side who couldnt make it to the party.  

Amber, a granddaughter reads the cards to my mother after the party.


Ambers 3 children,  enjoyed the party and cake.  They are my brothers grandchildren and 3 of my mothers 11 great grandchildren. It was great that they could come for the party even if it was toward the end.   (School puts a damper on a lot of things.) 







While we were there, we paid a visit to the St Andrew Cemetery by Niagara where my dad and many other relatives and friends are laid to rest.  
Since it was close to Fall, 
 I changed out the flowers on dads grave. 


Above is my dads infant brother and below, his infant sisters headstone.

Above is my Grandma and Grandpa Hanssens headstone. Below is my Grandma and Grandpa Behms headstone.

My brother Dale has been gone now for 5 years,  this is his headstone. Sometimes it is still hard to believe. He was almost 62 years.  


That tallest tree is planted on my Great Grandpa
and Great Grandma Behms's grave.
It is a beautiful cemetary and always kept up so well. all voluntere work from members of St Andrew Lutheran Church.  


My mom a few days later after I trimmed her hair and she was all dolled up with earrings.   I am very proud of my mother and so thankful to God for his many blessings and care and allowing me to still have my mom at 94 years old.  

All the assisted living rooms have a window area that can be personalized and decorated.  This is my mothers after LeeAnn and I put out her fall decorations.   We had fun and I am not there very often to help with this.
Thanksgiving, a time to reflect on all our gifts from God, one of our most important gifts is our Faith. 

No comments: