Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Robin in January?

YES, this really is a Robin in our crab apple tree. This is very unusual to see a Robin in January in SD. We have had a abnormally warm winter so far. My husband spotted this Robin this afternoon and I grabbed my camera. We are having a cold front this week with low this morning of -1 degree with a high today of 27 degrees. When I look at the birds in our yard I can't help but think of Gods Bible verse from Luke 12 verse 22-25 . Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more then food and the body more then clothes. Consider the ravens; They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds. Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ?"

No comments: