Saturday, May 5, 2007

CREEPING FHLOX

I know, I know, More flower pictures!
I just had to share these pictures of this amazing plant. It basically needs very little care. It looks like it is dead and possibly frozen out over winter, then spring comes and it is absolutely loaded with tiny beautiful blossoms so close together that it looks almost like a carpet. I wish it would bloom all summer but I guess the 3 weeks in spring will have to do.

I have 3 different colors and they spread
each year. The picture above is a close up of
the many tiny dime size blossoms on the Creeping Fhlox.
The lawn ornament with the pink glass ball was a gift, several years ago, from my oldest daughter, her husband, and at that time their two oldest children as a mothers day gift. It always reminds me of them because it is 2 small children, a little girl and boy flying a kite. You can see the kite to the upper right of the pink ball. We are very thankful that we received 1 1/2 " rain today. Things were very dry here and lakes were very low. Also this will help prevent forest fire's in this beautiful Black Hills. There was a small fire already this week close to Leed .

2 comments:

The Hen (Charity) said...

Wow, It really has spread since I last saw it. Are there still any tulips there? Or where they just on the sides. I like the close up shot you got of the phlox.

Nana Porcupine said...

Yes there are lots of Tulips in that area, The red and pink tulips are very early and the ones the Deer ate off. Now there are about 20 yellow Tulips that are just starting to open. The Deer have not been back so they may have found bigger, better, snacks. With all the rain (about 2") lots for this area anyway, there is plenty of green grass for the Deer.