Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The surprise!

About 2 weeks ago my husband surprised me with a beautiful set of DIAMOND (yes, they are real) earrings. I should not have been surprised because this was the morning of our 35th wedding anniversary. Of course He had a wonderful card as well. They are called a woman's best friend. I have never ask for or coveted Diamonds but I have to admit they are wonderful. The man who gave them to me is way my best friend, and a lasting love. Diamonds are the hardest gem and thus wear well and last forever. I guess the meaning and love behind the Diamond is worth even more then the diamonds themselves. I still have the original diamond ring that he gave me 36 years ago when he purposed. I have worn it every day since that time and I must say it has held up well. It is only through the Love and forgiveness of our loving God that our marriage has held up also. The day we were united in marriage we were united together as a rope with 3 strands, with Christ holding us together.
I was not expecting anything since the last few years we have not exchanged gifts but rather just purchase something that we had both been wanting or we go or do something very special. Like for our 30th, We went to Niagara Falls in June. and also when our whole family was together we had our old time photo taken. It was so much fun, I love the picture and can still see how excited our grandchildren were. We are thinking about having another done sometime as we now have 2 more grandchildren and even the baby in this photo can not remember this.













3 comments:

The Hen (Charity) said...

Why did you not tell me about the ear rings. Wow! Way to go Dad! You need to be spoiled every now and then. They will look just beautiful on you.

Nana Porcupine said...

Thank You, I just hope I never lose them. I guess Diamonds are like a box of chocolates, you have to earn them. Ha? I remember you saying that one Valentines Day about your box of chocolates from your loving husband. Thank's for calling!

Melissa Sutton said...

You know that mom tells me stuff and then thinks she told you too. Or vice a versa. I am also proud of dads choice of gift. They look very beautiful on her. She should take a picture of her wearing them and then put that on her blog.