Sunday, May 20, 2007

Track and Field Meet

This picture reminded me of mother hen, my daughter , and Papa hen? (which there really isn't such a thing) my son-in-law,
leading the first grade girls and boys to the starting point for one of the races. The children listened so well and followed just like baby chicks or ducklings follow their mother.
My Daughter, the first grade teacher was showing one of her students witch events he was in and about when they would take place. It's a lot to keep track of especially with 20 energetic 6 year olds. I really love there green school t-shirts with the white Cross logo and name. The dark color did absorb the sun on this 90 degree day. Maybe next year they will go with white t-shirts and green logo! ? ?






Above right was just after coming 2nd after running the 100. He really did a great job on that one. We are proud of him for trying so hard. Above left was after the race, he and a friend were cooling off in the shade of a big umbrella. This was a large group of children ages Kind to 8th grade, including several Christian schools and Home school's too. I would estimate over 500 participants.







This is our grandson running the mile. It was a warm day and a mile seems quite long. 4 times around that big track. He made it and got a ribbon for 4th place.

It was a very fun day! I am glad we had a few hours that we could watch our Lutheran school compete.
My husband and I are very much looking forward to visiting our oldest daughter, husband and four grandchildren and watching them play on their summer ball teams. Our oldest daughter, just 2 weeks ago ran a half marathon in Lincoln NE. What a accomplishment! I could never have done that. She always has been more of a runner then I have been. We were rooting for her and very happy she made it to the finish line.



No comments: