Friday, February 1, 2008

Bus News

As most of you know, my job is being a bus aid (monitor) on a school bus.

Another thing that most of you know is that my regular Bus driver resigned just before the Christmas break, because of a better job offer! One he couldn't refuse!
After some pouting ( ok, ok, a lot of pouting,) on my part and many explanations in helping the students from our bus understand and deal with many substitude drivers, things are getting more normal. To make things worse, the second day back from Christmas vacation, our regular Bus 294 broke down. I heard it took lots of $$$$ to get it repaired.


Now I not only had to deal with missing my regular bus driver but also my bus! And I don't deal with change very well. The spare bus we had to take was older, louder, fewer seats and way bumpier.


Now this week, about one month later, on the same day our Bus 294 became repaired and back in the lot for work, I received a new steady bus driver. So things are looking up a bit.

You can see how dirty our bus is, It has been too cold to get it washed but as soon as it warms up we will have it on the wash rack.





I have taken down the old name tags and sent them home with the children. Now we have new name tags that are right in season with valentines day. I might change the background from a heart to something else for next month. The students really notice all the changes as well. They like seeing their pictures on the name tags.





You can tell these are two seperate pieces with magnet to hold them both up together. I have their name on the label with the days and either AM or PM or both to show when each student rides our bus. This can be of help if I have to be absent and another aid knows their name and where they sit.



These two pictures are from last year, shortly after we had washed and waxed the bus.
It looks very nice for being 14 years old.



Here is the bus parked in front of the Bus Barn (office).


No comments: