Sunday, June 22, 2008

BEHM FAMILY sing-a-long

I have been away on vacation for about 10 days. My husband and I traveled 9 hours to spend time and visit with my parents.
We then came home by way of our youngest daughter to visit them after their recent move to ND.
I will be blogging more about out trip and visit but first I need to blog about the Behm Family sing-a-long' It was a very enjoyable time.
Every Year for the past 10 years or so, my uncle with the guitar organizes a sing along for and with my two older aunts who live in MN. This family with 11 children have always been musical with singing and playing of instruments such as guitar, violin, mandolin, harmonica, horner and juice harp. Many years ago in the 30's and 40's and 50's they would play for entertainment, shiveries, barn dances and such! Through the years,we have all enjoyed and learnt many of the songs.

My 95 1/2 year old aunt played the harmonica. I was amazed that she still had the breath to play the whole song. I have a short video at the bottom of this blog.


My Aunt at the right has always had a beautiful voice and still dose. She is bashful with her singing but with a lot of coaching and convincing from my uncle, she dose a very good job. They go to many retirement and nursing homes to sing and entertain.


This was just before we all ate a wonderful noon meal at the Senior Citizen center. There were 20 of us and most from North Dakota. My Mom and Dad are the closest on the Left!


This is my mother in the orange sitting next to her 95 and 1/2 yr old sister. She is the oldest of 11 children. I think they are listening to their younger brother discussing something. There are 7 of the Behm children still alive but only 5 could make it to this event. My Aunt,the second oldest is almost 94 yr and was feeling a little under the weather and not up for a 2 hr drive. My uncle,the youngest of the 11 children had recently had a hip replacement and thus could not make the trip either.
This is the 4 girls who were there. The two on the left married brothers and moved to MN for most of their life. They are both in a retirement home now since their husbands have both been called home to the Lord.
The five children who were there.
This is the original generation with spouses.
Here we are, the cousins who were able to attend. We had a great time singing and visiting.





The Apple pie wasn't bad either. My 92 year old Aunt baked all these pies and had all 20 of us in her apartment for Pie Alla mode. What a great treat! You can see we were almost wall to wall people but then that's the way we like it. We sure enjoyed seeing one another once again.
It was my Aunt at the close up right who baked the scrumptious pie!



God has richly blessed this family. They were all brought up as Christians and still remain Christians with a true love for Christ Jesus our Saviour.
NOTICE THE TWO VIDEOS BELOW! ENJOY!




No comments: