Friday, June 27, 2008

Gardens

Remember this picture of my garden from June 5Th? This was just before our 10 day vacation to ND. We have had a lot of rain and has very much been good for the earth including my garden.
This is what it looked like a week ago when we returned from ND.
It is even bigger now and we have had 3 showers since.

Above is the green beans, carrots, squash etc.
Below is our cauliflower, then cabbage from seed, green peppers and tomatoes.
The two pictures above are from the East, you can see the radish, lettuce onions and sugar peas. The sugar peas have grown to 3 feet tall now and I was starting to wander if they would ever bloom and produce peas.

Well would you believe that this morning when I went out to the garden, way at the top of the sugar peas were white blossoms. I have never had or seen sugar peas grow so tall.



Below is the path leading to my parents garden. I have always loved this shaded path. It used to be more of a walk trail, now you can see it is larger and a 4 wheeler trail as my ageing father has bad legs and always rides the 4-wheeler to do work in the garden.
This very old water can sits under the trees at the edge of the garden trail.
It is a unique picture of years gone by.


Now this is my mom and dads garden. It looks great and to think my mom is 87 and my dad is 89 yr old. They both have their birthdays in September so they are almost 88 and 90. My brother helps them till the garden and my husband and I did some weeding when we were there. We hope they get a lot of fresh produce from their hard work.


This is my brother. He is standing at the far North end of his large garden.

Hear he is in his garden. It has a very good start and I'm sure will produce a lot of vegetables. He also shares some with my parents. He only lives about 1 1/2 mile from our parents.
This picture is toward the South. You can see how big his garden is.
This is their house from the North end of the garden. It's a beautiful setting for a home nestled in the tall trees. I know that first hand since when my husband and I were first married some 36 years ago we had a trailer house setting about where the white marker is on this picture. It was backed into the trees and was very nice. That is when I got to care for that large fertile garden!


1 comment:

Melissa Sutton said...

I can't believe how big your plants are. I bet the veggies will be wonderful.