Tuesday, October 7, 2008

90th Birthday



It was Early, Very, Very early in the morning.

We left our home very early before the sun even came up so we could spend part of September 20th with my father. You see it was 90 years ago when he had been born.

About two hours after hitting the road, here comes the beautiful sun rise.
A gorgeous sunrise on a very special day.
My dads 90th birthday. What a blessing from our Loving forgiving God.




We know my dad loves big Pecan Carmel rolls. We have a very good bakery in our city and took him 1 dozen big "DID I SAY BIG?" Carmel rolls. We arrived at the home farm by afternoon lunch break at 3 PM. We were all happy he shared his rolls with us!


His Granddaughter who lives in the area had already brought him this very chocolate decorated cake. I was very impressed over the elegant look of the chocolate roses with the green leaves to off set it. It was also very tasty!



The first thing my dad told me was about the clever, ingenious gift he received from my only brother who is 1 year older then I am. He said my brother went to the garden, my dads garden at that, and picked a big squash, then he jumped on my dads 4 wheeler, drove out to my dads patch of sweet corn and picked one cob of corn, on the way back he stopped at my dad's apple tree and picked 2 apples and that was his gift to him. My dad said and he even used my gas and 4 wheeler to get them. He thought that was quite the memorable gift. Leave it up to my brother to think of such a cute gift.

Then my older cousin came over to wish her uncle a happy 90th birthday and she made this face with the birthday produce my brother had collected. I just had to capture it on a picture.


My mom and dad on Sunday the 21st. The day we had a family gathering and deep fried turkey.


Me with my dad.

My mom, our youngest daughter and my dad on the 4 wheeler in his garden. Picking ripe tomatoes.
What a great producing garden it is!Just look at all those squash and pumpkin vines and produce!
What a special time to remember.

God is great and greatly to be praised!



No comments: