Friday, October 10, 2008

Newest addition to our family.

September 24th, This is what our lovely daughter looked like when we arrived at their home. It was so much fun watching the excitement and anticipation of the new baby who was scheduled c-section for the morning of September 26th.

The Hen had been working on this very soft baby blanket for some time. She still had 9 inch's to finish it. I think its the softest yarn I have ever felt. ONE LUCKY BABY! The Hen thought the colors reminded her of Neapolitan Ice Cream.
That tiny chick #5 was moving around a lot the evening of the 25th. You can see the excitement as the other 4 children felt the movement. This would be the last time they got to feel the baby move while still inside mom.



September 26th, We were almost at the hospital with the 4 children when Dad called to inform us that
"IT'S A GIRL!" She weighed 7lb 15 oz, 20 inch's long.
She was with mom in recovery.




It wasn't until we arrived at the hospital that I realized I had forgotten my camera! Everyone thought this was hilarious. The Rooster said, I figured you would have forgot ton one of the children before you would forget your camera! I am very thankful to one of the Hen's close friends who was also there, who didn't forget her camera. The Rooster also handed me his camera knowing I would go through withdrawal without mine.


We hurried up to the room just to wait close to 1 hour for mom and baby sister to arrive after recovery. She snapped these precious pictures of our anxious wait. Here are the girls relaxing on Moms bed. Here is precious chick #4 playing hide with the curtain.


And here we are. Papa and Nana trying to keep occupied while we await the arrival of mom with new born baby girl. That hour seemed like two or three!

I love these pictures that her good friend captured the very first viewing of that sweet baby girl.


The whole family admiring chick #5, just minutes after coming into the room.

You can see the deep love my oldest daughter has for her new born baby girl. It is so amazing there is always so much love to spread around.
Every time I witness the deep love of a mother and how that child trusts her and is comforted I think of a Bible verse from Isaiah 66: 12 and 13. For this is what the Lord says: I will extend peace to her like a river . . . As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; . . .



Have times changed or what? ? ? Look at this nice hospital wood cabinet with the bassinet on. My oh my how times have changed. These are top of the line and way different then 35 years ago when I gave birth. Nothing was wood in those days, mostly stainless steel! The whole room was new, clean, remodeled and comfortable.



The mother gifts! Dad always gets his wife fresh flowers. The Willow Tree is from me. Last time she got the mother with baby Willow Tree. She received the pregnant Willow Tree from her family for Mothers Day.

This is the oldest chick. She simply adores her new baby sister. I think she looks very much like Chick #1 did when she was new born. Maybe even a little like her mother when she was just a few days old.
Chick #2 just loves to hold his baby sister and give her kisses. He will be a very loving, protective big brother.
Chick # 3 just talks and talks to her and also sings song after song. You can tell her little sister is enjoying the attention. The song as I remember went something like, One day you will be one, then you will be two, you will grow to be three, then four! then six and nine, and soon you will be twenty. It was just too cute with her soft pretty voice!



I love this picture still in the hospital only a day old. Both big brothers are infatuated with her and she will wrap them around her little finger.


Yes, even 3 yr old chick #4 had to hold her. He loves his new baby sister, mom and dad did a great job preparing him and the rest of the chicks for the new arrival.
Even the Ugly Duckling had to have a look at her.


And here I am with that sweet, precious lovable new granddaughter. I held her for many hours during our 10 day stay but even those hours seemed not to be enough.
Papa also took a turn or two or three! His lap is always comfy and warm for those new born grandchildren.

Papa and Nana got the privilege of taking the 4 older children out to shop for a going home outfit. What fun that was. I will always keep that etched in my memory! Thanks Mom and Dad! This soft corduroy jumper trimmed with pink embroider and the matching bodysuit seemed to be just the outfit. Not a New Born in hopes that it would fit a month or two. I think she looks absolutely beautiful in the new dress and booties.


This soft white sweater was worn by all the babies. I had purchased it 1989 when we were in Germany. They had racks and racks of them and very reasonable price. All the babies there wear these cute sweaters. I like playing with the photo's and here you can tell I took most of the color out.

This is one of my favorite pictures. You can just see how her little legs are kicking. I was so happy when I found the two coordinating baby gowns and matching reversible blanket. See the next 3 pictures.


This is the baby I have said many prayers for and will continue to pray for throughout her life as I have the other Grandchildren! What a blessing life is and we need to value LIFE! No amount of money or the promises of money should ever replace our value on LIFE!


Our youngest daughter and son came when her new niece was just one week old. She had driven 13 hours but wasn't too tired to hold and cuddle her. She loves all 5 chicks and is their Sponsor for Baptism. She is staying with them for a week to be of addition help where we left off.

We just had to dress chick #5 up in this matching gown and blanket! Isn't she cute? This is the outfit I had purchased for Chick #1 almost 11 years ago.

Here she is, a week after their baby girl had been born and she is finishing off the soft pretty blanket. What a job! How beautiful and warm this will be for the cold winter weather!
All snuggled up and ready for night-night. We are so happy and proud of our Daughters and the great job of mothering they do! I loved spending time with them all.

2 comments:

lhd said...

What a wonderful story, and what beautiful pictures. Best wishes to all of you. I'm pleased to see that she was born on my Mom's birthday! I'm just back from 2 weeks in Oregon, with my daughter and son-in-law and new grandson, Malcolm. He was born Sept. 3. Our first grandchild, and it is a wonderful thing! Also loved the pictures from your Dad's birthday -- great job.! love and congratulations all around!
............cousin Lois

Nana Porcupine said...

Thank You! I so very much enjoyed my time with them. I would love to see a picture of your new grandson, Malcolm! My email address is djfalin@rushmore.com

Congratulations to all of you! He is just too far away! Right!