Friday, January 23, 2009

Three Friends, Three Grandmothers, Three Granddaughters!

Three good friends for over 25 years.What great memories we have. Now with the years passing so swiftly, we all have grown married children. The interesting thing that happened in 2008 was we all had a new granddaughter. This was my third granddaughter and 6th grandchild but for my two good friends, this was both their first granddaughter. These sweet precious little granddaughters were each born 2 months apart.

Here is grandmother #1 enjoying some special Christmas time with her first grandchild and granddaughter. She was born in May and what excitement and joy.
Special snuggles for her grandma.

Notice her gentle touch to her grandmothers cheek. I love that feeling, a sweet chubby little hand is so special to her grandmother.


Here she is enjoying a cloth Christmas book made specially for her
with much love from her Grandma.
Here is Grandmother #2. with her darling little granddaughter. She was born in July.

The photo's above really capture the deep love this Grandmother has for her Granddaughter.
You can tell the feeling is mutual. Those granddaughters just eat up every minute of Grandma's special touch.

It's such a joy to show off those granddaughters and you can see by the smile that Grandmother #2 is one proud grandmother. And rightly so!

This is me with Granddaughter #3. She was born in September.
She is as sweet as she can be. I thoroughly enjoy every moment I get to
spend with her.


Here she is fast asleep but I still don't want to put her down!
All three of our granddaughters live far away from us.
Us three friends each got to spend precious memorable time
with our Grandchildren over Christmas or New Years.
We are very grateful for that time but it always seems to go too fast!

Me with my granddaughter all dressed for Christmas.

Here she is smiling, I just know it is because she loves visiting
her Nana and sitting on my lap!

Since I am the one who normally is taking all the pictures, I really don't have
a whole lot of pictures to choose from.
Every now and then I give my camera to one of my older grandchildren and ask if they can snap a picture or two. Most times they jump at that chance.

So now that our children and grandchildren have all gone back to their homes far away,
us three friends brag, compare notes, show each other pictures of our three granddaughters.
What a blessing they are and what a blessing that all three of us experienced it within 4 months time in 2008!

No comments: