Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Backup

What is a backup anyway?
My computer often talks about a backup.
Just today it ask if I had a backup for my photo's.
My oldest, father of five children, son-in-law has given me some very good advice when it comes to a BACKUP!
Just two weeks ago he told me,
You always have to have a BACKUP!
Well, did I listen to him?






NO!



The other morning when I was in a big rush and making toast, this is what I found! You got it, a empty butter dish. This is where the BACKUP comes in, my son-in-law taught me that you always need a BACKUP stick of butter on the counter for times like this.

WELL, you don't even have to guess where my butter was!
It was still in the cold, very cold fridge.


Now if I would have listened to my son-in-law, I would have had soft butter to spread on the hot toast, and that would have been a good thing!



Instead, I had to scrape and chop of cold hard chunks of butter just to try butter my toast.
By that time, the toast had gotten cold and the cold butter wouldn't melt.
I'm sure you have all been in that situation before. Evidently my son-in-law had or he wouldn't have made such a point to teach me about the BACKUP stick of butter.

1 comment:

The Hen (Charity) said...

Always be prepared

The Rooster