Saturday, March 14, 2009

INHERITED CRAFT!



Our Friend's daughter was married last weekend! This is the original invitation that we received. My mother has done paper guilling for years and has decorated, designed and framed many wedding invitations as a keepsake wedding gift for the bride and groom. My mother is now 87 years old and has past that craft on to me. It is a very fun craft but very delicate and time consuming. I cut my own paper and use a toothpick or small round tool to do the curling.
The paper quilling kits can be purchased. Here is a site where you can purchase them. http://www.quillingsuperstore.com/200.html
The wedding colors were deep purple and I tried to match the background paper with the purple print on the invitation. No two keepsake invitations turn out the same. They are always very unique. This one I changed things around many times before I felt comfortable with the pattern. I wanted to leave the beautiful ribbon tied inner envelope on for effect.


This is a close up picture of part of the quilling. I added the two pink hearts to resemble the two of them, now husband and wife. There is no limit as to what can be done to decorate. I usually add a few tiny pearls to give it shine and eloquence.



This is another wedding invitation I did several years ago. This one had a folded invitation and I could cut out parts to preserve the full effect.



This is a close up of some quilling on the older craft project. Their colors were burgundy and cream. I hope you have a special craft that you enjoy and that can be used to preserve a little history.

1 comment:

American Home said...

I stumbled onto your blog today. I hope you don't mind if I leave a comment. You blog is beautiful and has blessed me today.
God bless you.