Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fair Time

I always enjoy fair time, entering a few things and also looking around at the many other entries from our Central States. Its always such a hard decision on what to enter and how to display especially the Vegetable collection. This is my basket, it was awarded the Blue Ribbon. There was another basket done up so beautiful in a old Coke Cola wood box. It was just chucked full of Vegetables and got the Grand Prize Ribbon. You can display 10 different vegetables but as many varieties of any vegetable as you want. Like, green pepper, red pepper, sweet banana peppers and hot peppers. I only had 7 different vegetables in my basket.
I love the lighting in the horticulture building. It is a rounded, gazebo like building with many windows around. I think these vegetables look so nice. One of these trays of Green Peppers is mine and also way at the end, sweet banana peppers.

None of these are mine, I just thought it looked very nice with the different colors.


This is my entry of Cascade Geraniums. We had to display 2 stems. If you have never seen cascade Geraniums, they are very pretty, with many blossoms all summer long. They are the flowers mostly used in Germany in their many window box's. I can only purchase them at one of our local green houses.

This is just another pretty area of the flowers, I did have a small rose bowl just next to the big gorgeous purple ribbons, mine got a red.


Here we are in the sewing displays, This is the baptism gown I entered, it only got a red but I was surprised it did that well. When I sewed this, I had sewn both a gown and a romper for our 4th grand child. You see, we didn't want to know what sex the child was so it was the best way I knew to be prepared. My daughter always has her children Baptized when they are only 1 or 2 weeks old. This prevented a big rush in sewing after the baby was born. It was a boy! What a sweet precious boy at that! So, when I had sewn this gown, I was not trying to win a ribbon and was not as precise as I could have been. It was fun to enter though and I think it looked nice on the display rack. I had several photographs entered in the photography department. Anyone who knows me, knows I love to take pictures. I did not take pictures of my pictures though! It just didn't seem to make a lot of sense. I did take 3 blue ribbons and 1 white. There were so many photo's entered that it was hard for them to fit them all on the display racks, most in the people and water scenes lots.

As I was walking around, I spotted this cute little hungry calf with it's mother and just had to snap a picture. I'm sure as sweet as they look, they had to win best of show!


No comments: