Thursday, August 2, 2007

THE MESSY GROUT JOB!

This is just the start of the grouting job. I mix a little water with the powder grout, then work it into all the spaces of the tile. This part is kind of fun for me. But after letting it set for approximately 1/2 to 1 hr, The messy job comes next.
This is what it looked like once grouted. I have heard some directions say to put the grout all over the tiles but I figure that would just mean much more intensive clean-up work!

This is after I had sponged off most of the excess grout. This is a very sandy mess and the sponge has to be rinsed with about every tile. Lots of water and arm work for this job. After this I had about another hour before the final clean up.
The final clean up, some with a sponge and last of all, a soft terrycloth wipe up. Below is the finished floor. I think we will enjoy it for years to come. Tile is cold in the winter but we can handle that. Some people put electric heat under the tiles. Now that sounds like a lot of work.






No comments: