Monday, August 6, 2007

Happy Birthday

Saturday evening our group of friends had a Birthday Potluck at one of the picnic shelters at a nice local park. It was a fun time and Our youngest daughter, her husband and family also were there for the celebration. One of the couples from our"friend group of five couples" could not be there. We were celebrating 6 birthdays within 3 weeks time. One of those Birthday's was mine!



I always like it when my birthday falls on a Sunday and we can attend our church as part of my birthday celebration with praises and thanksgiving to God for another year of life. Sunday afternoon, My Birthday, our youngest daughter and family brought over this huge beautiful ice cream Birthday cake. It was very Delicious and refreshing. Ice cream was good on yet another hot summer day. Earlier in the afternoon, my second cousin had also been over for about 1 hour with a gift and Birthday wish.
Um Um! Doesn't it look good? It was and we enjoyed a visit with our daughter, son-in-law, our grandson and foster grandson.

It was very good even if I didn't need it. It's only once a year. I would tell you it was a wonderful 39th birthday but I know none of you would believe that. How about 49???
Hey, I am thankful for every year the Lord gives me!
Last evening My older daughter called and we had a wonderful 2 hour or more visit on the phone. It's the next best thing to being together.



1 comment:

Tourangeau said...

Happy Birthday Diane! I was at work yesterday so couldn't write then, but I thought of you lots. God's Blessings on this next year of your life!