Thursday, May 7, 2009

A FUN TIME OF YEAR!

Now doesn't this look like fun? I just love this time of year when I start looking at garden centers and purchasing my bedding plants for the warming growing season that is upon us. This morning when My husband ask if I wanted to go with to purchase some lawn crabgrass preventer and fertilizer, I jumped at the chance to go to another garden center.
And FUN it was!
This year I have purchased 2 different plants that I have never had before. Above is the Lemon Symphony Osteospermum. Quite a name for such a pretty delicate flower. Last summer during our travels, I saw a lot of these in planters and beautiful flower gardens. So we will see how it will grow for me.

Another plant I am trying is the famous Gerbera Daisy, this is the Festival Dark Eye Cherry. My good friend had one last summer and it bloomed so nice all summer long.


This is one of my favorite plants if not my favorite. The Fuchsia! This hanging plant was so full and beautiful I just had to have it! My husband said this is my Mothers Day gift and I'm not even his mother! He knows I love flowers and that they make me happy. I caught him at a week moment! I guess he forgot about the TAHOE! I hope this hanging plant stays full and beautiful all summer long.

I hope you are all enjoying this spring time, planting time of year. Try your hand or should I say GREEN THUMB at raising a few flowers. Let me know if you have come across any great unusual new plants! God's creation is marvelous.
Genesis 1:11-12 And God said, "Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth." and it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

2 comments:

Melissa Sutton said...

I like the orange Gerbera Daisy. I think it is very pretty! Did you get any Elephant Ears?

Nana Porcupine said...

NO, not yet, I might try one next year depending on how yours turn out. I did plant 27 Gladiolias tho! These floweres looks very pritty when they are all together but when they are spread out through the yard, they wont look as nice.